Why do businesses care about Cloud Computing?
Businesses care about the cloud because it offers:
- Reduced IT costs. Moving to cloud computing may reduce the cost of managing and maintaining your IT systems
- Business continuity
- Collaboration efficiency
- Flexibility of work practices
- Access to automatic updates and more...
There are very specific reasons.
- One of them is that they want to stick to their core competence - their core area of business. Say, for example, they are in the retail business, then they do not necessarily want to get into the business of managing data centers.
- Another reason is that businesses want to save money - just like everybody else. They want to make a profit.
- and one more reason is that they want to avoid spending large amount of money upfront, instead use the cloud and pay as they go using it.